When travelling in a vehicle, there are times when everyone may be a bit bored. To help alleviate some of the boredom we have some suggestions for you.
- Bring a deck of cards and play popular card games or try some new ones. 10 card games with how to play are found by clicking this link…. 10 family card games
- Ahead of time make recipes cards with trivia questions ( downloadable trivia questions ) and some with words to use for a spelling bee. Players earn stickers or you can develop a scorecard for each person so you can track points. Each days winner can earn things such as the ability to stay up later, chose the next restaurant, or extra time in the swimming pool.
- Each family member can use a journal book to write down things they found interesting each day. They could collect a seashell or rock from each stop, be sure to bring some way to number them so they can distinguish where each was found by making a note in the back of the journal.
- Download music cd’s with upbeat, sing along music. You can also play name that tune with these CD’s.
- Download audio books, great way to get a story about the area you are going to. free ebooks
- Play family trivia with questions on your family tree…….. templates for family trivia
- Create a travel binder prior to leaving with information and photos of each planned stop and use time while travelling to review and learn about your next destination.
- Play a game where you select topics and the next person has to talk for one minute on that topic.
- Play magazine scavenger hunt. Using magazines make a list of 20 objects found in each individual magazine. To play give each person a different magazine with their unique list and a blank piece of paper, then time how long it takes them to find all the items….when they find the object just write down the page number. You can then switch magazines and try another, then compare the total times at the end. Winner gets to pick the next restaurant or gets to pick the next TV show.
- Learn a new language…….. French travel phrases and words
No need to get bored, use some of these tips to help you have a wonderful trip!